Working for Peers Communications, I provide PR consultancy and implementation to Michelin-star restaurants Ynyshir in Wales and Northcote in Lancashire.
Ynyshir is a destination restaurant and rooms, led by chef Gareth Ward and Amelia Eiriksson. Over the last two years, Ynyshir has been through significant refurbishment, with each stage moving further away from a traditional country house hotel, towards an exceptional destination. These developments have been recognised by numerous awards. In 2017 Ynyshir was awarded five AA Rosettes - the first ever restaurant in Wales to achieve that accolade and one of only three restaurants in the UK to reach that standard. Ynyshir also scooped the Decanter/Hine Restaurant of the Year 2017 and The AA Wine Award for Wales 2017-18. It has retained its Michelin Star and is number 12 in the Good Food Guide 2018.
Our focus has been to:
- Reposition Ynyshir as a destination restaurant, not country house hotel.
- Secure visits and reviews focussed on the tasting menu and cooking techniques in food press and luxury publications such as The Telegraph Ultra, Food & Travel, Country & Town House.
- Raise Gareth's Profile as a Chef to Watch with interviews and profile pieces.
- Secure appearances for Gareth at major events like Hotelympia and Abergavenny Food Festival.
- Explore opportunities for Gareth to appear on radio and television.
- Advise on website content and use of social media.
Northcote is a luxury, independent boutique hotel located in Lancashire. The restaurant has held a Michelin star for 20 consecutive years. Northcote’s kitchen is led by Executive Chef Lisa Goodwin-Allen, who took up the reins in October 2017 when co-founder Nigel Haworth stepped back to become Chef Ambassador.
- Raise Lisa Goodwin-Allen's profile with interviews, profile pieces and recipe placement.
- Secure opportunities for Lisa to appear at trade and consumer shows like the Northern Restaurant and Bar Show.
- Announce the line-up for Northcote's annual gastronomic event, Obsession, and manage press invitations to the London launch as well as the month-long event.
- Report monthly on coverage achieved.