I often work alongside small businesses as an extension of their own team, managing all the tasks of a marketing team without the overheads.
Lawson's Delicatessen, an award-winning deli on the Suffolk Coast. In January 2017 it was taken over by new owners father and daughter, Clare Jackson and John Ormerod. I started working alongside them ahead of the transition. I advised them on communications about the change of ownership to their loyal customers, the local community, their suppliers and the small team of staff. This involved developing a new website, setting up an email newsletter, creating press releases for the consumer and trade press, re-establishing their presence on social media and facilitating a staff away day and workshop.
I continue to work with the team at Lawson's looking after their communications based on a structured communications plan integrating:
- PR to local and national media
- Writing blogs, including a monthly Cheese of the Month feature
- Developing and writing a monthly newsletter (including growing the database).
- Social media implementation and analysis
- Managing the website and reporting on engagement.
I am also able to provide strategic and practical advice on other activities such as branding, e-commerce and events.