Lawson's Delicatessen was an award-winning deli on the Suffolk Coast which is now known as Slate. In January 2017 it was taken over by new owners father and daughter, Clare Jackson and John Ormerod who planned to rebrand the business to Slate, to open a new shop in Southwold and to start an ecommerce business.
I worked closely with the new owners before the the change of ownership and throughout the rebranding process. I advised them on communications about the change of ownership to their loyal customers, the local community, their suppliers and the small team of staff. This involved developing a new website, setting up an email newsletter, creating press releases for the consumer and trade press, re-establishing their presence on social media and facilitating a staff away day and workshop.
I brought in specialist creative agency, WHAT Associates, to create a new brand identity and managed the development and implementation of the new brand.
I provided a full marketing service to the team including
- Strategic and practical marketing advice.
- PR to local and national media as well as the trade press.
- Writing blogs, including a monthly Cheese of the Month feature
- Developing and writing a monthly newsletter (including growing the database).
- Social media implementation and analysis
- Managing the website, creating an online shop and reporting on engagement.